Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
carolann22
Guide
Guide

I have 4 Arlo Go2. Had manual record button on all 4 until today. How do I get it back? I'm on wifi on 3 and a verizon data plan on the 4th.

13 REPLIES 13
Dannybear
Master
Master
Do you think that the trial subscription plan has run out?
carolann22
Guide
Guide
Nope. Two cameras are on the paid subscription and two are on a trial that ends in August
Dannybear
Master
Master
What user interface are you using for arlo. Mobile app or web browser to arlo web portal?

You refer to the record feature as gone missing. Can you describe the process you used an when it should appear.
carolann22
Guide
Guide
I use the mobile app. When I connect through the app to view live stream, the only icon on bottom of screen is the microphone— the button to record live and the camera to take photos is missing
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@carolann22 wrote:
I use the mobile app. When I connect through the app to view live stream, the only icon on bottom of screen is the microphone— the button to record live and the camera to take photos is missing

Do you see the same thing in a PC browser (my.arlo.com)?

carolann22
Guide
Guide
I’m on a Mac. And yes, same thing when I view via browser on laptop
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@carolann22 wrote:
I’m on a Mac. And yes, same thing when I view via browser on laptop

Though perhaps a digression, a Mac is a PC (just not windows, and perhaps not using x86 processors).

So manually recording seems to be gone everywhere.  Are you seeing recent recordings in the library?

carolann22
Guide
Guide
Yes, motion detection is auto recording to library as usual
Dannybear
Master
Master
Although this suggests an arlo bug, first try deleting and reinstalling the app again on the mobile.
carolann22
Guide
Guide
Hmmm... not keen to do that right now unless it’s the last resort.
Dannybear
Master
Master
It is not a big task, the real pain is when you remove the device from your account within the app and try adding it back again and can’t.

Btw. Did you try restarting the camera?
carolann22
Guide
Guide
No I did not restart cameras — there are 4, and since the issue happened with all of them, I assumed it was a systemic problem, not tied to one camera. Restarting the cameras is a big pain in the butt. They are mounted 12-feet high in trees around a 2-acre property. Last time I had to restart one(battery was dead) I had to take it down, bring it into the house and go through the whole setup with wifi.
Dannybear
Master
Master
The only reference to missing recording buttons I can find waa related to 4/2k camera being set on because you can’t record to arlo cloud at higher than 1080p resolution. Of course the arlo go 2 cameras are 1080p anyway so not an issue.

The only other issue was the the cameras needed to be removed and added back in to the subscription plan section of the arlo settings.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation