Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Go2 spotlights coming on even though they are toggled off

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BldrDon
Aspirant
Aspirant

My spotlights keep coming on when motion is sensed, even though they are toggled off. I don't want them coming on at all. Everything in the app appears to be correct, yet they still come on.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BldrDon wrote:

My spotlights keep coming on when motion is sensed, even though they are toggled off. I don't want them coming on at all. Everything in the app appears to be correct, yet they still come on.

Do you have low-light color enabled in the nightvision settings?

BldrDon
Aspirant
Aspirant

i'm not even sure where to find that low light information. 

i can't seem to locate where i may find night vision settings to be able to check. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BldrDon wrote:

i'm not even sure where to find that low light information. 

i can't seem to locate where i may find night vision settings to be able to check. 

Do you see "feed" in your app?  Or do you see "library" and "feed" instead?

BldrDon
Aspirant
Aspirant

i see Feed on the bottom of the app screen. no Library.

i see no where on the app about low light stuff. looked everywhere. 

i appreciate your willingness to help. i am trying to identify an intruder that has stoled building materials three days in a row. with the spot light coming on every time it senses motion, it kind of defeats my chances!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BldrDon wrote:

i see Feed on the bottom of the app screen. no Library.

I do use "Feed", but don't have the Go 2 - which might be a bit different.

With "Feed", start with the "Devices" page.  Press the three dots in the upper right, and you'll see a settings wheel next to each camera.  Select the Go 2, and you should see a section that says "Night Vision" in the settings.

Options there should include "Black & White" (actually infrared) and "Color".  Make sure it is set to "Black & White"

BldrDon
Aspirant
Aspirant

This should not be that hard!

I went to the Devices tab and went to the Night Vision for each camera, they are set to Black&White. and, in the Light Settings, I have the spotlight toggled off. I feel I have done everything I should to keep the spot lights off, yet when motion is sensed, the lights come on. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BldrDon wrote:

I feel I have done everything I should to keep the spot lights off, 

I agree.

If you haven't tried removing/reinserting the camera battery (to reboot the camera) then try that.

If that makes no difference, then you might want to access phone support. (Do that with the app, don't google for a phone number).

You could also try removing the camera from the account, and then adding it back again.  But maybe try phone support first.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation