Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo go2 Battery

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gerdes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I received my Arlo Go2 just a few weeks ago.  The battery will not hold a charge.  I was able to get the device running and view images via the app while it was plugged in only.  After I unplugged the device it went  black and the app alerted me that the battery ws too low to operate.  Several hours more of charging.  Same result.  As far as I can tell the only option Arlo provides is to BUY a replacement battery.  Not acceptable for a new device.  

Btw, I ordered this I live in Fr and ordered this from Amazon FR and it was supplied by Arlo Eu.  I cannot even find replacement batteries on Amazon fr.  

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Gerdes wrote:

I cannot even find replacement batteries on Amazon fr.  

This is the battery for the Go 2 (and some other camera models)

While it could be the battery, it could also be the charger or the camera.  I wouldn't do a risk-buy of a new battery yet.

@Gerdes wrote:

As far as I can tell the only option Arlo provides is to BUY a replacement battery.  

First see if you can just exchange the entire camera.

There is a warranty, so you can try going into the support center of the app.  I suggest phone support.  Don't google for a phone number, that will almost always lead to a scammer.  I wouldn't limit the warranty RMA to just the battery, as it could easily be the camera electronics.

Gerdes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sadly the battery is "not available" amazon at the link provided and there is really no way to contact the company about warranty or replacement.  I have tried email, the French phone number doesn't even work, and the US number 866-703-7170 won't work unless you have an order number even with a serial number.  The entire "support" system is a farce. 

Gerdes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just following up on my miserable experience with Arlo support.  

After giving them the facts (charged for x hours, never used the camera outside, only operated when plugged in etc.), providing the serial number, implementing the 12 + steps to confirm that the battery and not the camera was the issue, providing proof that the plug was compatibile, and sending them my product label, they asked for my purchase receipt in order to know what I paid for the camera, from whom I purchased it, and where it was delivered.  They also asked me to confirm the replacement battery was to be sent to me in France.  This even after I had already told them I bought the camera from Amazon via the arlo store and it was delivered to me in France.  So a whole lot of nonsense just to confirm what I had already told them.  Still, a pain, but not so bad. 

But, here’s the kicker:  once they they got all this information and sent me a notice saying how sorry they were for the problem and that they were working to fix the issue promptly, they said SORRY “We couldn’t process replacement for france address. If possible, Kindly share the shipping address of America. So we can assist you further on the case.”  Of course this does me no good since I do not live in America. 

So, after confirming that the camera is under warranty and that the battery is defective and that they would provide a replacement they essentially said, screw you, we don’t care and even though we sell our products in France, we won’t support them there.

Now you may ask yourself “how did I get here”?  Shouldn’t’ I have contacted Arlo support in France?  Ah yes, there’s the rub.  They don’t reply to email and the phone number listed for them doesn’t work. 

Bottom line, if you want a camera that will be supported, don’t buy Arlo. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you purchase the camera in France?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation