Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo go 2 siren not activating

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
oscar5467441
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Just bought a arlo go 2 and I'm having problems with the siren. It will not activate trough the app. It will say that It is activated but it is only silent. It plays sound trough my phone's microphone.

Any suggestions on what to do? Is this a hardware issue or software?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There is a new firmware version 1.090.9.6_51_6f36a1e that should help with the symptoms you are experiencing. It may take some time for the device to be updated. Please let me know if you still experience this issue after the update. 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you trying to manually turn on the siren or is this for when motion is detected? Have you checked the camera settings in Default Mode Settings?

eldziqusiedem
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Hello i bought camera arlo go 2. And I l try everything to turn on the siren. Applikation show me siren is turn on. But is absolutely no sound....
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Make sure the volume is turned up in the camera's audio settings. Have you tried the web client pointed to my.arlo.com to see if there's a difference?
Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

In my recently bought Arlo go 2, the siren don't work when activated in the app (vers. 4.12.5 (7366) - 20. mar 2024) , but works activated in the web-client - how can that be?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Soeren1951 Is this with an iOS or Android device? 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

It is an IOS - Iphone 12 mini. The siren works from a normal pc-web, but not form the iphone app or from the iphone safari-web

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you attempted to remove and reinstall the Arlo app?

Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

It makes no difference, sorry

oscar5467441
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for not replying for so long.

No, the siren will not make sound trough motion or manual activation. It will say "Siren activated" but no sound will come.

Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

Also in Modes the rules are greyed out - I have tried to delete and reinstall the camera. No change. Can you please help me with these problems

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Soeren1951 

I was informed my team reached out to you via email last week, can you check your inbox or spam folder for this communication?

Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, i have been contacted, and the answer was, " I tried to reproduce the issue with my own Go v2 and I cannot reproduce it. The siren works fine with my iOS app." And that dont help me - which I wrote back, and further I have yesterday informed that I have reinstalled and reset the camera without any difference, and that the rules are greyed out. Kind regards Søren

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Jenzlind
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

I just read about your problem with the Arlo Go 2. I bought the same camera today and I have the same problem as you with the siren. The app says it's active but it's silent. Have you solved it yet or is it harware failure? All firmwares are up to date..

Cheers!

/ Jens 

oscar5467441
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello! No, the problem has not been solved yet.

Phone has been updated, app has been updated, all the settings are where they should be. It won't work

And now the trail date has ended, which basically has turned it into a expensive paperweight. Now it won't even let me watch recorded clips without paying for subscription.

When I bought the Go 2, I also bought an inexpensive Tapo camera. Gotta say that I'm way more impressed with the Tapo.

Jenzlind
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok that sucks man!

I might go back to the store and ask for a new camera. I really need the sim-card function since the camera will be mounted inside my boat without wifi. The siren function is vital to be able to scare intruders away. 

I guess the Tapo doesn't have the sim-option?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jenzlind @oscar5467441 I have requested for an update regarding this. I will report back as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There is a new firmware version 1.090.9.6_51_6f36a1e that should help with the symptoms you are experiencing. It may take some time for the device to be updated. Please let me know if you still experience this issue after the update. 

Jenzlind
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, thank you ShayneS!

I went back to the store and I got a new camera and the new one works fine.

BR

/ Jens

Soeren1951
Tutor
Tutor

Hey - my Go 2 camera has been updated to the current version 1.090.9.6_51_6f36a1e. This fixed my problems with the Siren and the rules. Thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Soeren1951 

Thanks for the update!

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation