Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go2 Schedule

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Kopes43
Follower
Follower

Hello All,

I'm new to posting questions but am pretty frustrated and am quite sure there is an easy solution.

I recently bought two Go2's for monitoring residential construction sites.  I am trying to set the cameras so they start recording at 6 pm on weekday nights, shut off at 6 am weekday mornings, and record all weekend.

So far, I've tried to figure it out from the Arlo app.  Didn't work.  I went to my Verizon rep and after 30 minutes we thought we had it figured out but it didn't work.  I tracked down the phone number for Arlo Support and called them.  Finally got a call back and rep said I had to be on site to set up the schedule.  I called him back an hour later and for a significant time on the phone he would put me on hold to find the answer while he looked at a manual.  He did this multiple times.  I asked him if he knew how to do it and he got mad at me and said if I don't like what he's doing to figure it out on my own.  I went through a couple of more holds when he came back and said I need to upgrade my subscription(?) for the cameras to be able to do what I want.  I just bought them last week and was told I didn't need to have a subscription.

Granted, I'm not as tech savvy as many but I simply can not believe that I can put the cameras on schedule and have them stay on a schedule even if I'm not close to the cameras on a daily basis.

Can anyone help??  Thanks in advance.  

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kopes43 wrote:

I tracked down the phone number for Arlo Support and called them. 

Not sure how you did this, but generally googling is a very bad idea.  It almost always leads to a scam support site.

The way to reach phone support is to go into the support area in the app (not my.arlo.com), select the camera, and then scroll down to the contact section.

@Kopes43 wrote:

I just bought them last week and was told I didn't need to have a subscription.

Technically correct, but perhaps misleading.

If you want to see the recordings from the app (or my.arlo.com) then you will need an Arlo Secure Subscription for the cameras.  That is in addition to the mobile data plan you need from Verizon.

c_lee
Tutor
Tutor

When I got an Arlo Go 2 thru Verizon, I was given lots of incorrect info (from Verizon) about the camera and what their plan for it costs. Still in 2024, Verizon is confused about many aspects of the product. Arlo should no longer partner with Vz in my opinion.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation