Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Go 2 randomly going offline

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Dodgerzdad
Follower
Follower

I have two Arlo Go 2 cameras that are connected online to T-Mobile. It has happened a handful of times with both cameras in the last year or so. The first time it just came back online on its own in a few hours. I know there is nothing I can do online to fix it and have to physically reset it if it doesn't resolve itself. The problem is that I use the cameras to track down lost pets and now I have to drive 30 miles to go and reset it. It went out yesterday at about 11 AM. The message reads, "Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the Internet." I contacted T-Mobile and they couldn't find anything wrong. It seems to me that this happens when the signal is weak. The other camera nearby only registers one bar but it is working. Also, the camera was working for a couple of days in that location before it disconnected. So moving it around shouldn't be necessary. My question is, if the camera blips off because it can't connect to the cell tower temporarily, shouldn't it go back on when the connection gets stronger? That's what happens when cell phones briefly go offline. Another strange quirk this camera started to have a few days ago is that it records 5 minutes of nothing triggered by a breeze. In the past, it would only record 10 seconds when the wind kicked up. And sometimes it labels motion as animal and animals or people as motion. This was never a problem until a week ago. Also, the battery was at 100% yesterday morning. I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I haven't used the camera for a couple of months and I need to remove and reinstall it.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Removal, resetting and reconnecting the cameras may help but no guarantees. Try this procedure:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

Also, it would be worth checking the cell signal strength in the locations.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation