Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

subscription - cannot purchase for 1 year

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kitcat358
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just want to know why you can't buy a year subscription when you have to have a subscription for things to work properly? It doesn't make sense that you have to waste your time every month to keep renewing the subscription. I think that needs to change. My son planned to renew my subscription for my birthday every year but I was told he couldn't and that he would have to pay every month. SMH Plus, I have had such a hard time with with my cameras since I got them for a Christmas gift (at Christmas). They wouldn't hold the charge, month after month, through all the snow we had. My grandson kept climbing up on my house to keep bringing them down inside so I could keep recharging them and then he would climb to put them back up at least once a week. It said on the box they had 6 month battery life....they don't. I had to spend well over $135 more dollars that I didn't have for solar panels for each of the 3 cameras. I went back and forth with them from Dec. until this month (May). After all that, they never offered anything for all the hassle I went through for 5 months. Now that I've fixed the problem myself, I now have the problem on why my son can't purchase a year subscription for me. It really doesn't make any sense.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kitcat358 wrote:

I just want to know why you can't buy a year subscription when you have to have a subscription for things to work properly? It doesn't make sense that you have to waste your time every month to keep renewing the subscription. 

It automatically renews each month until you cancel, so there is no time-wasting.