Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

changing location onto new wifi -arlo XL essential spotlight camera

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
judyw
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have removed my camera from a smarthub into a different location and want to connect to without smarthub to a different wifi.  i have tried all suggestions  listed under ' if you don't hear a chime" but I cannot get my camera to read the QR code.  i have deleted the camera from my account and still no luck.  i even tried a different wifi with no luck.  is anybody able to help please? thank you judyw

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
judyw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

i have tried on my iphone also and get the same result.  Also tried to connect to another completely different wifi with no luck,  same result.  i have read by deleting the camera from my account it would factory reset it but that hasn't worked either. thank you  judy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@judyw wrote:

i have tried all suggestions  listed under ' if you don't hear a chime" but I cannot get my camera to read the QR code.  

That can be tricky.  Perhaps try a PC browser (my.arlo.com).  You might have to move the camera closer/further from the screen in order for it to come into focus.  Make sure you select the correct camera model when you "add device".

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you pinch zoom the QR code?

judyw
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you for your response.  i tried it on my ipad but still didn't work.  in the other house i had it connected to a smart hub and in this house i just want to connect to wifi?  i tried moving the camera in and out of range to the QR code but no luck.

judyw
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, i cannot pinch and zoom the QR code when I tried.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

judyw,

Do you have any other devices beyond the ipad you can try to further isolate the issue? Do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

judyw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

i have tried on my iphone also and get the same result.  Also tried to connect to another completely different wifi with no luck,  same result.  i have read by deleting the camera from my account it would factory reset it but that hasn't worked either. thank you  judy

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

judyw,

Try manually factory resetting the camera with these instructions: How do I factory reset and re-sync my Arlo camera?

After the reset, try onboarding the camera again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

judyw
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brillant James.  by resetting the camera via the sync button it cleared the camera and i was able to connect to a different wifi.  thank you very much have a great day! judy