Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

arlo essential need all privileges

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Camera set up was done by family member, they are the "account holder". Although I am have administrator rights, I need to know how to move the account privileges to myself.  So I can have all set up and delete access for cameras.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

The primary user (owner) must remove all devices from his account. That would allow you to set the system back up as if new. You could then grant access back to the original person if desired.

The other option is for you to log into the primary account when you need to make changes that your shared access doesn't allow.

That will log out the primary user, so you do need to coordinate that with them. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The primary user (owner) must remove all devices from his account. That would allow you to set the system back up as if new. You could then grant access back to the original person if desired.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

The other option is for you to log into the primary account when you need to make changes that your shared access doesn't allow.

That will log out the primary user, so you do need to coordinate that with them. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you, I will try the first suggestion.  The primary account holder needs to be removed.  I'll give it a try and report back.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Thank you, I will try the first suggestion.  The primary account holder needs to be removed.  I'll give it a try and report back.

One option is to change the username (email address) and password on the existing primary account.  Also change the payment method of course.

That is simpler than onboarding the cameras again.