Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Who can add cameras to the system?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joozw
Follower
Follower

I’m away on business. I’ve granted my wife Admin rights and she’s added a new camera. She can see the camera in the app (has sent a screenshot) but I can’t. What do we need to do so that I can also see the camera and any films it might record?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

She needs to grant access to your email. A couple of things:

1) Most importantly, both of you need to see the same user interface (UI). The old one uses Library to view recordings while the new on uses Feed. If one sees Library but the other other sees Feed, the one with Library needs to migrate their account so both see Feed.

2) The exact method to grant access varies according to the UI in use. For the old UI, use Settings, Grant Access. For the new UI, use Settings, People.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Joozw wrote:

I’m away on business. I’ve granted my wife Admin rights and she’s added a new camera. 

The best path here is to have her log into your account and do the onboarding there.  Otherwise you will need two subscriptions when the trial runs out.  Plus you have difficulty of keeping track of what settings only you can control, and which ones only your wife can control.  Admin rights in Friend accounts are limited, so don't give full control.

If you already have a multi-camera subscription, then I suggest removing the camera from her account when you get home, and then add to yours instead.  Otherwise, wait for the trial to expire, and move it then.