Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Videos will not upload to USB memory stick on smart hub

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
oddnott
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a smart hub, VMB4540, with two old Pro cameras and 3 Essential outdoor cameras connected. I have no Arlo subscription only an USB memory stick connected to the VMB4540. Videos from the two old Pro cameras are loaded to the USB stick, but not video from the Essential cameras. I know that the Essential camera work because I can choose to see the video from them live. Videos from the Pro cameras are visible in the Library in the app, but not videos from the Essential cameras. Firmware 1.21.1.0_1399_9611cf3. When I go to "Filter and want to add cameras its only possible to add the two Pro cameras, none of the Essential cameras are visible to activate.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@oddnott wrote:

I have a smart hub, VMB4540, with two old Pro cameras and 3 Essential outdoor cameras connected. I have no Arlo subscription only an USB memory stick connected to the VMB4540. Videos from the two old Pro cameras are loaded to the USB stick, but not video from the Essential cameras. I know that the Essential camera work because I can choose to see the video from them live. Videos from the Pro cameras are visible in the Library in the app, but not videos from the Essential cameras. Firmware 1.21.1.0_1399_9611cf3. When I go to "Filter and want to add cameras its only possible to add the two Pro cameras, none of the Essential cameras are visible to activate.

Just to confirm - the Essential cameras are connected via the smarthub?  And not your home wifi?

Either way, I suggest removing one of the Essentials from the account, and then re-adding it. Then see if that makes any difference.