Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Trudy_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I watch the videos in the library, they appear to be jumping.  The live video is stable.  Earlier today, I watched several videos in the library and they were NOT jumping.  What made the viewing change.  I repeat, the live video is not jumping.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Trudy_G wrote:

When I watch the videos in the library, they appear to be jumping. 

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "jumping".  Does the video look corrupted for a while, and then return to normal?  Or the field of view suddenly changing?  

Would you be willing to share a video that shows the problem?

Trudy_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

Videos were working perfectly until last evening 2021 Aug 7th.  They jump up and down while watching the videos in library.  I can watch the live video without it jumping.  I can't explain it any better than that.  I'll see if I can figure out how to share one of my videos.12:00 a. m. August 8, 2021 
https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/8B35BC42C1C7FB45_202108

Trudy_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that is so funny.  The video that I included in the last reply is jumping when I watch it in my Arlo web site.  But when I watch it here in the reply message, it is stable.  Very weird.  

Trudy_G
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried watching the Library Videos in another browser and now they are working correctly.  When watching with Google Chrome, the video jumps.  This just started happening on August 7th.  Previously, I had no problem watching videos on Chrome.  Now I tried watching the videos using Microsoft Edge, and they are stable.  No more jumping.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Trudy_G wrote:

I tried watching the Library Videos in another browser and now they are working correctly.  When watching with Google Chrome, the video jumps.  This just started happening on August 7th.  Previously, I had no problem watching videos on Chrome.  Now I tried watching the videos using Microsoft Edge, and they are stable.  No more jumping.  

Interesting.  Maybe try clearing the Chrome browser cache, and see if anything changes.