Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
LouA
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of the videos in my library were gone this morning.  New activities were not being recorded.  Finally new actives were being recorded but the history is gone.

I have a valid subscription to save recordings.

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The issue has been identified and will be resolved shortly. I will provide another update as soon a I have more information to share. 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

29 REPLIES 29
desertrat1981
Apprentice
Apprentice
The camera, a Pro4, was working fine till recently. Now I got this notice. I get push notifications but doesn't show in the library. I run it on battery on a schedule during the night. It kills a fully charged battery in a week now where it use to last like 2 months. Nothing was changed. Even the activity zones are enabled. Any ideas?? Thanks.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@desertrat1981 wrote:
The camera, a Pro4, was working fine till recently. Now I got this notice. I get push notifications but doesn't show in the library. 

It sounds like the 3-month trial subscription just expired.  Check the subscription area in the app.

The subscription wouldn't cause the battery issue though.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There has been an update on the backend that should have resolved this issue. There was an issue with notifications being sent for motion detected outside of set activity zones, that is why you were not receiving any recordings in the library. The issue was with the Smart notifications and not missing recordings in the library.

Thank you  

Adam17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!

LouA
Aspirant
Aspirant

While I understand the problem of unwanted alerts and videos not being saved, I still don't understand how/why my entire history for 30 days was lost.  Fortunately there were no critical videos and all seems to be working now, the loss of my library concerns me.