Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Phone can’t find the camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arrelle
Follower
Follower

After the blue light flashes, and after I point the camera at the bar code,  and after I hear the chime, the phone searches for the camera and can’t seem to find it. I try it all over again and still nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I’m connected to the 2.4 wifi network. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Arrelle wrote:

After the blue light flashes, and after I point the camera at the bar code,  and after I hear the chime, the phone searches for the camera and can’t seem to find it. I try it all over again and still nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I’m connected to the 2.4 wifi network. 

After the chime, try looking at your router's attached device list and see if the camera shows up there.  If it does, then there are a couple of things you can try:

1. disable the phone's mobile data connection, so it is only connected to wifi
  2. disable any vpn software running on the phone
  3. switch to a PC and try to onboard with my.arlo.com

Also be very careful to select the correct camera model.  For instance, if you have the Essential Spotlight, then make sure you aren't selecting the Essential (which is the model w/o the spotlight).