Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

On standby, still getting notifications

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
diana2211
Aspirant
Aspirant

After upgrading to the newer software the standby mode does not work.  I still get notifications when I am in standby mode. The old app was so much easier when you could set up a schedule to arm and disarm all cameras at once on a scheduled basis. Does anyone know why I would still be getting notifications while in standby mode?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you looked at the rules in the standby mode?  If you see a rule for a camera that include notifications, then you can either edit the rule or remove it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you looked at the rules in the standby mode?  If you see a rule for a camera that include notifications, then you can either edit the rule or remove it.

diana2211
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found where I could turn notifications off in standby.  Thank you. I do think that it is rather odd that the default rules or setting for standby is to receive notifications. Can’t understand why anyone would want to get notifications in this mode. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@diana2211 wrote:

I found where I could turn notifications off in standby.  Thank you. I do think that it is rather odd that the default rules or setting for standby is to receive notifications. Can’t understand why anyone would want to get notifications in this mode. 

There are only three modes total, so there are people who repurpose "standby" to do something different.