Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications have never worked when I am away from home….

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DesertGuy
Guide
Guide

Notifications from all essential cameras and doorbell camera have never worked when I am not at home.   Tired multiple times reading the various posts, cellular is turned on - still nothing.   So I constantly check the Arlo Secure app to see if the cameras saw anything.   Recently there was a house burglarized in my neighborhood, so I would really like notifications to work when I am not at home.  Please help….

Additional Info:  10 Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras, 1 Arlo Doorbell Camera, Arlo Home Security System, firmware up-to-date on all, iOS

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
DesertGuy
Guide
Guide

Thank you for the response but those directions are out of date.   I am using Arlo Secure Home Security app, version 4.12.5.    

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DesertGuy wrote:

Thank you for the response but those directions are out of date.   I am using Arlo Secure Home Security app, version 4.12.5.    

What makes you think they are out of date?  Does your app show "Feed" and "Dashboard" as menu options?  Or does it show "Library" instead.  FWIW, the app version isn't relevant, as the 4.12.5 app supports both interfaces.

There is a small mistake (the article references custom modes, instead of suggesting checking Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby).  That is a clear error, as the feed interface never had custom modes.