Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Newbie question

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Gday 

Have just installed VMC2030.

Cameras are working and it's on arm home.

Problem is nothing seems to send any notifications. I got up last night and turned verandah light on and off  .

Expected some sort of notification in the morning but nothing. 

Pls help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Finally got their...reason one camera didn't work because of my sub...upgraded to $13 a month..bit of a con after buying  in a bunnings with no mention of a sub.
  • Anyway thanks for your patience and help.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The light may well have not triggered a recording. These cameras use PIR (passive IR) sensors which require infrared to be detected as movement across the FOV. Turning lights on and off can trigger this but it's spotty.

Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks iguerdat..that explains it. What camera settings would you discard on the list.?.both of my cameras are outside. 

Ta

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, I don't understand the question. WHat settings are you referring to and why might you want to change them?

Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Event settings. 

Anyway last night after a toilet visit I went out and stood on my verandah in direct sight of my front camera and found no alerts this morning. 

Ta

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you walk side to side in front of the camera? Have you checked you active mode to ensure it's not disarmed?

Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes i moved around and waved my arms about.

In modes I have arm home and it says Active.

Is that right?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edit Arm Home and verify that there's a rule for the camera. ANy camera without a rule is disarmed.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062777/About-Arlo-Routines-Modes-Rules-and-Automations

Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay jguerdat I have set up rules ..motion record.

How do I set up the schedule..have tried everything ..wanting to start at 7pm and finish 7 am..

Can you tell me how to do that.

Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant

To explain better..I can start say 7pm for both cameras but their doesn't appear to be a stop time .

We just want nightie coverage. 

We get alerts all the time..in daytime..have put on standbye till this is sorted.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the same link I provided above but scroll down to the bottom where it talks about automations, including scheduling.

"For example, create one Schedule Automation for 9AM to set your system to Arm Away, while you are at work, and create another Schedule Automation for 6PM to set the system to Arm Home or Standby when you return."

Thus, you create one schedule to arm the cameras at, say, 10PM (Arm Away) and another to disarm at 7AM (Standby or Arm Home).

Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Slowly getting this nightmare to work. Have gone to your reference above. It's starting to work. 

My front camera sends me an email alert but nothing is found in the feed..any ides why this happens?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check your subscription status to ensure the camera has a sub. Also, verify that your active mode has a rule for the camera and has an appropriate action configured. Perhaps it's set to not record but only send a notification.

Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant

It says no plan and under that it states a 3 month trial.

Can you rell me how to back into rules

Ta

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mick47 wrote:

Can you rell me how to back into rules

If you go into the modes page, you can edit / view the rules there.  Details depend on whether you see "Library" at the bottom of the app screen, or if you see "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.

Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • Finally got their...reason one camera didn't work because of my sub...upgraded to $13 a month..bit of a con after buying  in a bunnings with no mention of a sub.
  • Anyway thanks for your patience and help.
Mick47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just when I thought this nightmare was over ###**.

Have it set for Armed Home 11pm everyday. Then Standby to start at 6am...

This stupid system won't switch from  mode to mode.

Just stays on whatever it's on.

I have set it 11pm everyday Armed home and 6am Everyday Standby. 

Pls help.