Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Granted access broken

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mfcountrygirl
Follower
Follower

I invited my uncle to share camera access and it will not work ! It says it is accepted but he cannot view anything and it suggests he purchase a plan. I have even took the invite away and tried to accept it on PC but it does the exact same thing. I even went as far as making another account in my name and trying it that way on PC and my phone and still will not even show camera but says accepted. Help! 

~TIA

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

This has become a common problem now for arlo users.

This problem was introduced by alro late last year with the change of their app UI that prevents it from working with other users with older accounts.

To force upgrade to the new UI you need to fake install a pro5 camera to initiate the app upgrade.

Beware the outcome of doing the upgrading is a poor experience for which you cannot go back.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There are two interfaces within the Arlo mobile app today. New accounts will see a new UI experience, this shows a "Feeds" tab across the bottom of the app. Accounts that were set up previously will show a library tab across the bottom of the app. Take a look at the app on your account and the app on your spouse's device and compare. Both accounts will need to have the same UI experience showing "Feeds".

If your account does not show "Feeds", you will need upgrade your account UI by attempting to onboard a security system or a Pro 5 camera (even if you do not have one). Once you enter the onboarding flow for one of these products, you will be prompted to update the app to the new UI experience. After completing the upgrade, you can then leave the onboarding flow and share devices with your uncle.

Please let us know if this works.