Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware updated with error message that "Upgrade Version Invalid" or 'Backend request failed"

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ranlai
Initiate
Initiate

Firmware updated failure with error message that "Upgrade Version Invalid/or 'Backend request failed"  from 1.090.32.1_55_07e3402 to 1.090.33.0_28_449310d.

It appears there are a few issues with updating the firmware on various devices. 

On Android, and iOS devices, a 'Backend request failed' error message appears.

On-premise such as macOS, Windows 11, Windows 10 with upgrade process will display an 'Upgrade version invalid' error message.

As a workaround, any an alternative firmware solution that can be implemented using Alro system?

Two of the affected devices have been unusable for almost two weeks with a "Big Red Exclamation mark" blocked the screen.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ranlai 

I have escalated this for you and someone will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. Your escalation number is here: 43996975

ranlai
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you, ShayneS, for your assistance and for escalating the issue.

I appreciate your support in resolving the firmware update problem with my Arlo Essential Spotlight Cameras.

I'm doing my best to troubleshoot with my limited technical skills, despite the lack of direct access to the cameras.

Palangana
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same problem....what is the solution ?

Thanks

Palangana
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello ShayneS

I am having the same issue described below by another "aspirant"  "@ranlai"  with 3 of my cameras, is there a solution ?

Thanks

Firmware updated failure with error message that "Upgrade Version Invalid/or 'Backend request failed"  from 1.090.32.1_55_07e3402 to 1.090.33.0_28_449310d.

It appears there are a few issues with updating the firmware on various devices. 

On Android, and iOS devices, a 'Backend request failed' error message appears.

On-premise such as macOS, Windows 11, Windows 10 with upgrade process will display an 'Upgrade version invalid' error message.

As a workaround, any an alternative firmware solution that can be implemented using Alro system?

Two of the affected devices have been unusable for almost two weeks with a "Big Red Exclamation mark" blocked the screen

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Palangana 

I have escalated this for you, support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.