Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential spot light won’t complete setup

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Niafitnesspt
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • I currently have the Arlo system around my house and externally (Ultra’s and some Go2’s) I want to add some cameras to each of my horse stables. I bought 4 of the essential outdoor spotlight and none of them will complete the setup beyond hearing the initial chime. It’s not my WiFi as both my Go2’s are connected without any problems (they are connected to an EE sim WiFi router on the stable yard) I had the same problem trying to connect an Arlo smart hub to the WiFi router via the Ethernet connection for a pro 3 and that never seemed to ever work  - is there some known fault with mobile broadband networks for older Arlo devices ? 
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not sure what you mean by "older Arlo devices" since what you have is far from being old.

The only issue I would suspect is whether the mobile broadband drops its Internet connect when no data is being passed. Since you have working Go 2s that wouldn't seem to be the issue. Try the reset procedure onm the new cameras to see if that works:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

Niafitnesspt
Aspirant
Aspirant

By older I mean units that have been in production a little while now. I’ve tried the resetting steps already and again none of the 4 essentials will proceed beyond the chime 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When you attempt to connect a camera to your WiFi, does it show up in the router's connected devices list with an IP address? Have you made any security settings changes to the router, such as MAC address filtering? While it likely won't make a difference, use of a WiFi extender to connect to may help. 

Niafitnesspt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nope. No changes. I’ve gone ahead and bought more Go2’s instead which low and behold connected straight away!  Go figure…..

janicemkennedy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My problem is the same and all three Essentials cameras show as connected to router but don’t connect /show saying failed to find camera try again.

is there a solution apart from buying other cameras?????

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app then following the steps within the link:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera