Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential XL W/Spot light direct motion but won’t record

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Andrew425
Follower
Follower
Spoiler
IMG_6164.jpeg

Hello,

A tad frustrated here. I currently have two essential xl cameras with spot light along with three 1st gen Arlo cameras. 

the problem is the newer essential cameras all of a sudden stopped recording and now will only direct motion. I’ve done everything from start from new remove all devices etc, start restart only the two not working, added a 2GB usb drive to record locally. I’m three mins from tossing this hub in the trash. I went into HUB settings to select record etc, individually set settings on cameras. 

Also why am I getting a ! next to record video here. 

What’s funny the original cameras work fine. As tech seems to improve it doesn’t. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Andrew425 wrote:

A tad frustrated here. I currently have two essential xl cameras with spot light along with three 1st gen Arlo cameras. 

the problem is the newer essential cameras all of a sudden stopped recording and now will only direct motion. I’ve done everything from start from new remove all devices etc, start restart only the two not working, added a 2GB usb drive to record locally. I’m three mins from tossing this hub in the trash. I went into HUB settings to select record etc, individually set settings on cameras. 

It sounds like the trial subscription ended on the two essential cameras.

Local recording features depend on the base you have.  There is a VMBxxxx label on it - please check it and post back on what you have.

BTW, a 2 GB flash drive is too small, Arlo requires a minimum of 16 GB.  Generally 128 GB-512 GB is more than enough.