Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Wireless Doorbell ports

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JK2837
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the essential wireless doorbell camera. I charge the camera battery to 100% and proceed to follow the instructions on the Arlo Secure app on my iphone. I am connected to 2.4 ghz, with cellular turned off, and auto-join disabled (it is not connecting to 5ghz). I then scan the QR code and with the doorbell and then I get stuck on the "Looking for Arlo Video Doorbell" until I get a message that it cannot connect. My wifi while it is searching disconnects from my iphone intermittently (not a connection issue; only when it is looking for the device). Arlo mentioned to open ports 80 and 443. I have an AC 1750 Wireless Cable Gateway Model: C6300v2 (Netgear). My internet service provider cannot open the ports and Netgear cannot help either. Apparently in the settings I pull up on my router (port forwarding/port triggering) needs the following data

Service Type:

External Starting Port:

External Ending Port:

Use the same port range for the internal port: [yes/no]

Internal Starting Port:

Internal Ending Port:

Internal IP Address:

[Single Address] or [Any}

External IP Address:

What are the settings and how am I suppose to connect if the camera does not have an IP? No, I do not have a base station.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a reset:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

You may also want to reboot your router.

Opening ports is usually needed only if someone has changed some security settings in the router. If your router is your own and you are generally just using mostly default settings, there should be no need to do this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JK2837 wrote:

Arlo mentioned to open ports 80 and 443.

Likely because they couldn't think of anything else to tell you.  These two ports are used for normal web browsing.  If you can browse the web, you shouldn't need to open the ports.

One thing you might want to check - After the QR code chimes on the doorbell, look at the router's attached device list, and see if the camera shows up there.  That would help sort out the right troubleshooting steps.

If you aren't sure how to do this, look at pages 73-74 of your router manual:

JK2837
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did a whole factory reset of my router. In the meantime xfinity came to my house to make sure everything was working correctly. All my devices work in the house without interruption or issue. Still cannot connect the Arlo

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JK2837 wrote:

I did a whole factory reset of my router. In the meantime xfinity came to my house to make sure everything was working correctly. All my devices work in the house without interruption or issue. Still cannot connect the Arlo

Are you seeing the base station in the router's attached device list????