Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Spotlight Not Setting Up

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
K-2SO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the Essential Spotlight camera and have not been able to get it set up. I have had a lot of difficulty getting the app and website to find it after the chime. The two times I have been able to get it connected it has been unable to update firmware. It wont show me anything about the camera (status etc) and when I go to Device Info>Firmware it says there is no update available. I let it charge overnight so the battery is full. I have tried the restart option in the app, but doesn't get past "please wait." I have tried power cycling, restoring to factory default, and I cannot remove the battery. Due to certain events I need to get a camera setup and so far this has been extremely frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
K-2SO
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: I saw something about someone having to put their phone in airplane mode and just turn on wifi. I did this as well as another factory reset and it worked. Pretty upset that setting it up was so difficult.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
K-2SO
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: I saw something about someone having to put their phone in airplane mode and just turn on wifi. I did this as well as another factory reset and it worked. Pretty upset that setting it up was so difficult.