Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Essential Spotlight Cameras not working with Schedule

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sc24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

For the last month, my 4 Essential Spotlight cameras (VMC2030) have not been working properly with the Schedule. The cameras will arm OK at midnight, but then sometime in the night they will disarm themselves so by the scheduled switch off time (8am) they are already off. I'm not sure exactly what time they go off (I'm asleep!) but they are usually off before 7am.

They have been working fine on Schedule for the last year, but this changed in late September. Has there been an update since then that has messed it up? I have unistalled and reinstalled the App on my Android phone and my Ipad, and deleted and reset the Schedules but this doesn't work. I thought I might have fixed it by doing it from my PC laptop, but this no longer works either.

Could someone help please? I'm paying a fair amount each month for a system that is not working properly.

Thanks

Simon

8 REPLIES 8
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

May I get screenshots of all your schedules for all 4 cameras?

Sc24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Here are some photos - yesterday the cameras worked fine on schedule, but today then didn't. The first photo shows the time is 07:39 when the cameras should be armed (00:00 to 08:00 as shown on the other photos). They picked up motion at 00:20 so must have been working at some time last night and then all turned off sometime before the right end time. 

Regards

Simon

IMG_0247.JPG20231102_102424.jpg20231102_102435.jpg20231102_102445.jpg20231102_102454.jpg

Sc24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

This problem is still happening. Cameras arm themselves at the right schedule time but are still turning off at some random time before the schedule disarm time. All cameras do it it. Changing the schedule time makes no difference.

Can anyone help please?

thanks

Simon

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are currently looking into this, I will reach out to you as soon as I have an update.

gene_crowder
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Please include me  in any updates.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Our development team is still looking into this. I will update again soon.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are your essential spotlight cameras now working with the schedule? 

Sc24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

No it's still not working. The cameras Arm when they should, but always turn off at some random time before the proper disarm time. I have tried everything and am not too happy.

Do you have any ideas please?

Thanks

Simon