Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime 2, Essential Doorbell/Pro 4 not detected - Solved. Devices connected to Wifi, but not found.

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
GraceNeary
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have solved the problem of cameras, essential doorbell, and Chime not found issues.  For 10 days I was having issues with all of these devices, which previously were connected to my wifi, suddenly nothing was working.  Well, not suddenly, Xfinity did a planned outage to upgrade the internet services.   After this "improvement" none of my Arlo devices could be detected by Arlo Network.  However all of the devices were connected to the wifi.  I have been using Arlo since First Gen Camera in 2016 and never had these issues.  After days of troubleshooting, setting, resetting and replacing routers 2x, I was finally able to convince Xfinity to send a technician.  That was an accomplishment itself, because Xfinity could not find any outages or trouble on the lines, they ran test after test and would not send a technician because there were no issues.  However, I was having issues with everything from my Windows OS work computer, to my Samsung TV, my Iphones, iPad, and Macbook.  Everything was a problem.  Finally, while troubleshooting with a technician on the phone, he said my speeds were perfect no issues on the lines, sorry can't send a technician.  Thankfully, while talking to him, my television kept buffering and I was watching the football game.  The online support guy was puzzled because he said that should not be happening.  UM YEAH, no kidding.  I have a very nice high end new television.  Finally the online support technician sets up an appointment for a technician to come to my house.  (He waived the $100 trouble shooting fee) and the technician arrives is able to duplicate the problems (at first, of course) everything seemed to be working, but while he was there he could see the tv buffering and having issues connecting to Netflix and my other streaming services.  He cannot understand why I am having these issues, because he did all the required tests and everything showed perfect speed, perfect wifi, Internet NO issues.  But yet, I showed him, the cameras, doorbell, and Chime were all showing as connected to wifi, but Arlo was unable to detect any of the devices.  Chime kept wanting to connect to some Arlo Network.  After an hour, he did everything he thought he could, including changing out the router once again.  STILL when doing installation, Cameras were not detected.  The wifi showed the devices, but Arlo didn't detect cameras.  The technician leaves, and says, let's see how the new router works over the next 2 days and see if there are any issues.  He was perplexed because he can see the TV Buffering, and failing to connect to wifi.  I showed him, the cameras were not found by Arlo.  He leaves, but comes back about 5 mins later and tells me he is going to try a device, he will put on the cable, a Moca Filter.  Once he installed the Moca filter.  Everything connected without a problem.  That was on 12/18.  I have not had one single problem with my Arlo devices since that day, and I came to find out the "noise" on the lines was what was affecting the Arlo network to detect the cameras, Chime 2 and Essential Doorbell.  Try installing a Moca Filter on your cable line, and see if that works for you too.  The technician left me his personal work cell # so I could let him know how things went,  I was very grateful he figured out the problem.  A Moca Filter cost is about $20.  I hope this solution works for you too.  

0 REPLIES 0