Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cant record videos

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
anelaviles
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am not able to record videos on my base station VMB4500 with my Arlo Essential Camera.

I already tried, removing the cameras and base station as well as rebooting the base.

Any ideas what can I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@angelaviles123 wrote:

Is it becase of the model? 

Not sure what you mean by this question (or whether you are talking about the camera model or the base model).

The Essential cameras (like all the newer cameras -starting with the Ultra in 2018) require a subscription for cloud storage.  So the first thing to check is your subscription status.

If the Essential is connected to the VMB4500 base (and USB storage is attached), then motion recordings will be saved in the base.  But the only way to view those recordings is to eject the USB storage, and connect it to a PC.  Direct Access to local storage via the app requires a VMB4540 or a VMB5000 (which you don't have).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dannybear
Master
Master
You’re not able to record live to the base station, only to the arlo cloud library.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@anelaviles wrote:
I am not able to record videos on my base station VMB4500 with my Arlo Essential Camera.

Do you have a subscription for the camera?  If not, have you tried ejecting the USB storage from the base and connecting to a PC?  That's the only way to see local recordings with the VMB4500 base.

Are you saying you cannot make a manual recording w/o a subscription?  As @Dannybear says, that is expected.

angelaviles123
Initiate
Initiate

Dannybear
Master
Master
Because of the brand I suspect.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@angelaviles123 wrote:

Not sure what you mean by this question (or whether you are talking about the camera model or the base model).

The Essential cameras (like all the newer cameras -starting with the Ultra in 2018) require a subscription for cloud storage.  So the first thing to check is your subscription status.

If the Essential is connected to the VMB4500 base (and USB storage is attached), then motion recordings will be saved in the base.  But the only way to view those recordings is to eject the USB storage, and connect it to a PC.  Direct Access to local storage via the app requires a VMB4540 or a VMB5000 (which you don't have).

angelaviles123
Initiate
Initiate

thanks

I was able to see videos both only on my laptop. thanks for the tip