Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can you use a Arlo Essential Outdoor Spotlight Camera with three existing Arlo Pro 3 Cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
DMOA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello there,

I currently have three Arlo Pro 3 Cameras on my system. I want to add a 4th camera in my house, and don't need anything fancy and was wondering if I can add an Essential Camera and have it work with my base station and existing app with the three Arlo Pro Cameras.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DMOA

The Arlo Essential cameras are compatible with the following Base station/Smart Hubs: VMB4500, 4000, 4540, 5000. You can fond more info here: What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

You can also connect the essential series cameras directly to your router if you like. You can find more info here: How do I connect my Arlo device directly to my WiFi router if the camera is currently connected to a...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @DMOA

The Arlo Essential cameras are compatible with the following Base station/Smart Hubs: VMB4500, 4000, 4540, 5000. You can fond more info here: What is the difference between each Arlo SmartHub and base station?

You can also connect the essential series cameras directly to your router if you like. You can find more info here: How do I connect my Arlo device directly to my WiFi router if the camera is currently connected to a...

DMOA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Shayne!