Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t reconnect Arlo Essentials camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SteveFolks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I have an essentials camera connected to my router. Has been fine for two years then suddenly disconnected and disappeared from the app. Have updated app, factory reset the camera, rebooted the router and it simply will not read the QR code. Lens is clean, blue light flashes but no chime. Was working fine before it disappeared suddenly. Have read all advice for reconnecting and nothing works. Help please. 

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SteveFolks,

What is the LED behavior on the camera when you attempt to onboard?

It sounds like the factory reset may not have completed, be sure you're following the steps listed here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC

SteveFolks
Aspirant
Aspirant

The factory rest completed. Blue flashing led then 3 amber then off. Opened app. Entered Wi-Fi PW. Pressed synch button for two secs. Flashing slow blue LED. Tried to scan QR (lens is clean) and tried 8 inches. Slowly to 4-6 inches. Upside down and side angles with good screen brightness in neutral light room. It simply won’t scan the QR and no chime. Any other suggestions please? 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SteveFolks,

I encourage you to reach out to Arlo Support to further investigate this issue. You can find support contact options within the Arlo Secure mobile app under Settings > Support.

JamesC

Virginiastanley
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problems??? Did you find a solution??? 

SteveFolks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately not. New camera was needed.