Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential spotlight VMV2030

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
AJB123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 Essential Spotlight camera's. All 4 work, I have video on my Iphone 13 app. I suddenly lost the Feed for all 4 and can't get it back. I checked all the things suggested by Arlo, I can't find any problems.  I reset 2 camera's but no luck so far. Arlo automated support is of NO HELP WHAT SO EVER on this problem.  Anyway a human can help or tell me how to contact Arlo directly? 

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AJB123 wrote:

Arlo automated support is of NO HELP WHAT SO EVER on this problem.  

Have you tried the phone support option?  It's available from 6 am to 6 pm US pacific time.

@AJB123 wrote:

I have video on my Iphone 13 app. I suddenly lost the Feed for all 4 and can't get it back. 

I am a bit confused on what you are saying.

Are you meaning that you can livestream the cameras, but they no longer record?

If that is the case - is it possible that the subscription has expired?

AJB123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply StephenB.

Have you tried the phone support option?  It's available from 6 am to 6 pm US pacific time.

AJB>  I was not aware there is phone support! I was under the impression it's all online. A support >phone number would be very helpful. Can you give it to me?

@AJB123 wrote:

I have video on my Iphone 13 app. I suddenly lost the Feed for all 4 and can't get it back. 

I am a bit confused on what you are saying.

Are you meaning that you can livestream the cameras, but they no longer record?

AJB> Yes this is the case. My problem is the Arlo app no longer records and stores the short (20 >second or so?) videos from when it senses motion (what the Arlo app call Feed) so I can go back >and look at them later. I have double checked the following: my subscription is valid, my cameras >are connected to my home WIFI and I can livestream the video, all my settings are correct - as >far as I can tell, I have reset 2 of the cameras, I'm running app version 4.9.1 (6960) from OCT 4.  >The Feed was working just fine and suddenly stopped. I didn't make any changes in the app on >my end!  Any help is appreciated. 

If that is the case - is it possible that the subscription has expired?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AJB123 wrote:

AJB>  I was not aware there is phone support! I was under the impression it's all online. A support >phone number would be very helpful. Can you give it to me?

Arlo doesn't publish it.  Use the mobile app - go into the support area, select a camera in the subscription plan, and then scroll down to the contact section.  You'll find a phone support option there.

It's available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

Larryc9514
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 of these cameras also as well as 4 older models. Mine were working fine for quite a while then the 2 spotlight cameras quit recording to my library. But I found out that the pictures still go out to anyone you’ve authorized to share with. 
I read on here where they are now requiring a subscription for these cameras to work. Don’t know if that’s true or not but if so I will never deal with this company again. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A subscription has been needed since 2018 when the Ultras were first released. Only the Pro 2 and older cameras have the free 7 day plan. There's nothing new here.

AJB123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks StevenB for the advice on how to contact Arlo tech support via phone. I did that and was able to fix my problem. It turns out I had selected HOME mode in the Dashboard. The mode needs to be AWAY in order for the Feed to record motion sensed by the cameras. 

One of the drawbacks to all online and app based systems these days is a complete and total lack of any instruction manuals that detail how the software works, settings, functionality etc.  One could easily troubleshoot issues like I had very quickly if manuals still were published. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can find all the manuals here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/docs

AJB123
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that link BrookeN. I had no idea these user manuals existed!! Live and learn I guess. I downloaded it and will read throught it. 

I must say the replies to users issues/problems posted on the Arlo site do get addressed pretty quickly by Arlo tech support. I appreciate that, if not I would still be having my problem of not recording motion in the Feed.   

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Happy to help. If you need any further questions answered, please reach out.