Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JT002
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have successfully added an essential outdoor spotlight camera. Set the mode to motion and removed any library filters. My other 2 cameras will record to the library but the essential outdoor camera will not. It is online, I can view live footage and it does send me notifications when it detects motion but nothing is saved to the library. I currently have 3 cameras and a subscription that supports 5 cameras. I have added the new essential camera to the subscription but it still will not record to the library. I have removed the device and performed a hard reset, rebooted the base and re-added the camera but it still will not save the recording to library.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JT002 wrote:
I can live stream and I can manually record and manually turn on spotlight.

Ok.  And you are getting notifications from the camera, so you know it is triggering. 

I think the next step is to take another look at the rule for this camera in the mode - making sure that the "Record Video" is checked in the "Then do the following" section.  You might also try switching to "armed", and seeing if that works differently.

If neither of those resolve the problem, then you should probably contact support.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What is your active mode? Have you tried creating a new custom mode with appropriate settings as a test?

JT002
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is a custom mode. I have it set to record when motion is detected. The setting mirrors my doorbell camera settings. I also realized last night that the spotlight did not trigger and it is enabled on constant mode. Still getting notifications, just no recordings or spotlight.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JT002 wrote:
It is a custom mode. I have it set to record when motion is detected. The setting mirrors my doorbell camera settings. I also realized last night that the spotlight did not trigger and it is enabled on constant mode. Still getting notifications, just no recordings or spotlight.

Can you live stream? Have you tried making a manual recording?

JT002
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JT002 wrote:

Ok.  And you are getting notifications from the camera, so you know it is triggering. 

I think the next step is to take another look at the rule for this camera in the mode - making sure that the "Record Video" is checked in the "Then do the following" section.  You might also try switching to "armed", and seeing if that works differently.

If neither of those resolve the problem, then you should probably contact support.

JT002
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I just check the "Then do the following" and it was blank. I have added record to the action. I am almost positive I did this already but we will see. I will keep you posted.
JT002
Aspirant
Aspirant
You were correct. The "then do the following" was not set to record. Everything is working great. Thank you for the help Stephen.