Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo essential camera has clinking sound non stop....

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Oliyan
Initiate
Initiate

Hi, I have 4 Arlo cameras in my home, three of them are positioned either outside or over the door. these three started to make clinking sound non stop starting yesterday. Once I start checking the real time feeds, I can hear it. Really noicy. How could I make it go away?

6 REPLIES 6
JDOZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue since the last upgrade. Customer service is working on a fix. Hopefully in the next 24 to 48 hours. 
I have 2x essential spotlight and 2x essential spotlight XL. 
all making this horrible noise on live video and camera positioning. 

Oliyan
Initiate
Initiate

Hey! I got mine solved! What you need to do is to offload your app and reinstall again! But depending on which type of phone you are using. 

JDOZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks you. Worked for me on the iPhone too. Happy it was a simple fix. 

JDOZ
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seemed to work but the noise is back again. I will wait to see if I can get a fix from Arlo. 

VoFe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. 
problem:

on iphone but not ipad (newest ios), live audio but not recorded audio is crackly and choppy noise while video works. 
i restarted phone and wifi router, went with LTE instead, no difference. 
Uninstalling reinstalling the arlo app does NOT fix it, have been waiting for a fix from arlo for more than a week. What kind of QA testing do they have, none?

SSMD
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have similar issue here

Once I turn off my home's wifi at night, all the Arlo Cam will make some continuous clicking sound even I have turned them off thru the APP. 

As there is NO fix from Arlo, I can only put the Cam in cabinet during night time to avoid the horrible clicking sounds.