Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo chime 2 - Fails to connect when I attempt to just join the base station

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
RebeccaP1107
Initiate
Initiate

I already have a base station, 4 ultra cameras which are connected to my base station. I just bought the wire free door bell and a chime 2. I am aware these connect to just your wifi instead of the base station. Hooked the doorbell up to my HOME wifi, just fine. Now I’m attempting to do my chime and it is only finding my base station “wifi” which it is not capable to connect to.. I does not give me any option to pick another wifi or to manually enter my wifi. Fails to connect when I attempt to just join the base station. I’ve reset my chime, I’ve disconnected base station to power as well as deleting it on my account. It remains to still try to connect to an “arlo” wifi even when power is disconnected from my base.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As I recall, the procedure is to first connect to the chime's WiFi so you can enter your home WiFi credentials for further connection. Try that first - the steps provided by the app should step you right through all that.

ChelseaArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is my EXACT problem.  And, no, just accepting the Arlo_XYZ wifi so that it prompts you to put your home wifi network in didn't work for me.  Still troubleshooting....  if someone knows how to fix this, please help!

RebeccaP1107
Initiate
Initiate
It did not work for me either. What everyone tells you to do or what “should” happen DOES NOT. I ended up having to return my chime 2. It is my understanding that if you do have a base station in your home, EVEN disconnecting it from the power
(I couldn’t get my chime 2 to even work) that it will not work because it’s programmed to only connect to a hole wifi and is not capable to connect to the wifi your base station gives off. So my guess is you can only use the original chime instead of chime 2. That was my ONLY solution. Return it and by that time I was over it and didn’t even bother getting the original chime. ….