Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo VMC2030 Won't turn on

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thatguynamedtom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had some internet issues for a week; after I reconnected my internet, one camera kicked on while the other did not. I thought maybe it wasn't charged. But my solar panel was charging in continuously. I removed it from the base and plugged it into an outlet, but it never kicked on. I have no idea how to remove the battery to reset it because the star screw in the back is so small I don't have it. Is there another way to open and reset it? I've also held down the power button for 10-15-30 seconds. But nothing, the camera is dead.  Any other ideas? it's a new camera in a covered area. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it may well be a faulty camera, you may be able to get an RMA if you still have a subscription of any sort. Use the app to go to Settings, Support. Choose your camera and scroll down to Contacts for methods to start the process.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Essential cameras don't have removable batteries so you must charge them using the USB connector. Are you using a USB charger that has at least an output of 5 volts, 2 amps. Make sure the cable is connected fully on both ends.

There is no "power button". There is a sync/reset button on the bottom which I suspect is what you're referring to. To reset, use the link below:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0

thatguynamedtom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, it's been fully connected. No luck.

But it should have never died to begin with, which is strange. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A solar panel won't charge the battery if the ambient temp is below freezing and won't keep up with battery drain if there's more than ~5 minutes per day of recording and live viewing. Since activity zones are processed at the servers, you may want to disable those for testing to verify what your actual recording/viewing time is.

thatguynamedtom
Aspirant
Aspirant

We don't get below freezing in my part of California. 

My recordings and live views are minimal at best in this location. 

The main issue the camera wont turn back on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it may well be a faulty camera, you may be able to get an RMA if you still have a subscription of any sort. Use the app to go to Settings, Support. Choose your camera and scroll down to Contacts for methods to start the process.