Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential XL Spotlight Camera: Not offered as option to sign up for cloud recording

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brettw44
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see I need to sign up for a subscription for cloud recording with the Arlo Essential XL Spotlight Camera.  I already have a legacy system form Arlo with base station that is still recording with the free 7 day cloud.  When I go the CRV subscription the 2 base station cameras are available to sign up for subscription but NOT the Arlo Essential XL Spotlight Camera.  The Essential is on and I can see the video thru the Arlo App.  How to I get it to record??  What is the lowest cost plan to I need??

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the following FAQ - CVR requires any camera to be added must be connected to a base or hub.

https://kb.arlo.com/1018425/What-is-continuous-video-recording-CVR-and-how-do-I-use-it

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Brettw44 wrote:

I see I need to sign up for a subscription for cloud recording with the Arlo Essential XL Spotlight Camera.  I already have a legacy system form Arlo with base station that is still recording with the free 7 day cloud.  When I go the CRV subscription the 2 base station cameras are available to sign up for subscription but NOT the Arlo Essential XL Spotlight Camera.  The Essential is on and I can see the video thru the Arlo App.  How to I get it to record??  What is the lowest cost plan to I need??

If you want the same kind of cloud recording you get with the older cameras, then you want Arlo Secure, not CVR.

Outdoor Essential cameras don't support CVR even if you connect them through a base station

As far as cost goes, the cheapest option is the single camera Arlo Secure subscription.  Though if you get the multicamera subscription, your older cameras will get 30 days of storage instead of only 7.