Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential XL Camera

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BobandJo
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras shut down and went offline due to extreme cold weather. Once it warmed up the cameras remained offline. I brought them inside and tried to charge. They are not taking a charge. Any suggestions?

BobandJo

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this still true? The cameras would need to come up to temp above 32F/0C before they will charge. Perhaps they were indoors too briefly.

BobandJo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is still true. The cameras have been indoors for weeks. I tried removing the camara from our system and reinstalling it. The best I can do is is getting a slow flashing amber light. Not enough power to read the QR code for reinstalling.

BobandJo
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is still true. The cameras have been inside for at least a month. I uninstalled them with hope reinstalling would work. After the last attempt at charging (12+hrs) all I get is a slow blinking amber light. Not enough power to recognize a QR code to reinstall.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Slow amber camera LED blinks means a dead battery. You can try this procedure to see if it helps (note that it takes several attempts to get enough charge into the battery to then allow it to charge properly):

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

Otherwise, use the app to go to Settings, Support. Select your camera and scroll down to Contacts for official support.

BobandJo
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you.