Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Spotlight Wire-free cameras not syncing

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
HiroNaka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!

I purchased an Arlo Essential Spotlight Wire-Free Security Camera pack with 3 cameras.

Having trouble setting up the cameras (i already went through other discussions but couldn't find a solution), some advice would be greatly appreciated.

When following the provided set up instructions, i get onto the 2.4G network, the blue light blinks after holding the sync button for 2 secs, the camera reads the qr code and chimes; but when the phone begins looking for arlo products it doesn't find anything. Interestingly the blue light seems to stop quite quickly once the phone begins looking, however it will continue to blink again if I press the sync button again. Though this does not fix the issue.

Also I make sure to do this whole process while standing next to the router, the devices are all charged and I do not have a vpn running. I was checking the connections to the router at the same time: the camera briefly connects and then disappears from the 2.4G network. I also made sure that i was on the Essential spotlight series (i also tried the other ones just in case but it was the same).

Other things I have attempted are: re-factory-setting the camera, resetting the wifi set up, uninstalling and re-installing the app; and making a different phone a trusted phone and attempting the process on that, resetting the router.

Thank you for your assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
HiroNaka
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamieC1,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried the mobile hotpot, as well as the factory setting, and also through the webbrowser, while turning off 5G netwrok but it didn't work 😞

Do you think 3 cameras can be defective at the same time ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First of all, the response was likely not a person but someone using an AI-generated post. The embedded link is further proof of that assumption. There have been a number of recent similar posts that I have been reporting to the mods. The post isn't necessarily wrong but doesn't address the problem well.

Are there any special characters in your SSID and/or password for the 2.4GHz WiFi? Try to make them more generic, if possible. You could also try using the router's settings for a guest connection with a totally bland SSID and password to see if that works.

When you reset, did you use this procedure?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062880/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4-0