Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Spotlight Outdoor Camera not connecting to APP

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
harveyn
Follower
Follower

HI

Just bought model VMC2330 Arlo Essential Spotlight camera (x3).

I have had three of their indoor cameras for years and all were easy to set up, working perfectly for years.

I cannot connect any of the three new cameras to the APP.  I have fully charged all three and also rebooted all three.  My router has synchronised WiFi bands (2.4 & 5).  I know the cameras operate on 2.4 but as the three indoor cameras work I don't think I need to split the bands to connect.

Everything works up to the point the app on my phone (I have tried my PC as well) tries to locate the camera and fails to locate.  I have noticed that whilst the camera flashes blue initially the flash stops after 20 seconds.  I have tried leaving the camera not flashing with no success.  I have also tried hitting the sync button on the underside of the camera when it stops flashing and that does not work either.

Whilst I bought these new yesterday from a high street chain I note they are the older generation.  Maybe they are just faulty or batteries dead?

Anyone any suggestions before I just take them back.

1 REPLY 1
Streak2
Master Master
Master

First make sure that you are selecting the correct Essential camera after hitting the + to add a device. There are different generations and also some with and without spotlight.

Secondly, try and reset the cameras

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera