Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Spotlight Camera Automations Not Changing Modes

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LoganP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

I am using the Arm Home and Arm Away automations with my Spotlight Cameras without much luck. The automation doesn't always recognise that everyone has left the house (to arm away mode) or someone has returned (to arm home mode). I often have to go in and test the automation to get it to activate the correct mode.

Our mobile phones are listed in the people  section with the "anyone arrives" and "everyone leaves" options selected for the correct mode.

What am I doing wrong?

I've included screen shots of my current set-ups below. 

Arm Home:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Arm Away:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure the various phones' apps are always logged in - don't log out after using the app but simply background it. Also, use of the app on every phone needs to occur regularly so the app doesn't get logged out due to inactivity - once a week is plenty sufficient.

Are there any other unused phones listed when you check which ones to use?

LoganP
Aspirant
Aspirant

All great suggestions but we don't log out of the app as we use it almost daily. There are no other unused phones listed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS version?

LoganP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both phones are Samsung S23 running the latest Android OS. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There have been various issues with Samsung phones for some reason. Your best bet is to use the app to go to Settings, Support and choose our camera. Scroll down to Contacts to see what official support may offer.

LoganP
Aspirant
Aspirant

The only options are to chat with Arlo (only for quick solutions to common issues which I don't think this is), discuss on the Arlo Community, or phone them. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@LoganP 

I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.