Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Spot light constantly on - a possible fix!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Spireman
Follower
Follower

Hi, I found out this morning, that one if my camera spotlight was constantly on! Having looked at the app to see if it would turn off using in- app selections with no luck and looking for various on line help...I was just about to go down the Factory Reset route...Then, a thought struck me! I opened up the app again and went to Live view...when the camera was showing a live feed, there on the screen, is a torch icon which was in the on mode...I pressed it to Off and Bingo! Spot turned off ...checked it a couple of times by clicking it on and off...Camera is now behaving it self....Now, to get back to calm down mode for me :-)) .. If this info has been posted before then Apologies but, for me, rather too much information then none at all so long as we get to a positive solution...All the Best!

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spireman,

Thank you for sharing this information. While the spotlight being "stuck" on is not normal behavior, i'm glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. If you experience the issue again, please let us know.

JamesC