Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Pro Spotlight Firmware and Off line

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PG77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I have 4 Arlo Essential Pro Spotlight camera, 3 outside and 1 instead for just short of a year. Never had any problems with signal etc until the last 2 months or so.

One camera outside keeps going off line, I have trouble shoot it more times than I would like to think. It will go back working and within an hour or so back to being offline. I have swapped the cameras around and same thing happens. 

I also have another camera that keeps saying "Firmware update is available" which I cant update from the app, I have to take it down, plug it in, remove the device from my phone and reinstall completely.   When I have that done it will be working fine and same as the other camera, after an hour or so it will come up again it "Firmware update is available"

I noticed this morning that a second camera has now it needs to be updated.  I did all the same steps and now back to square one.

Any ideas why this keeps happening with my cameras?

Thanks in advance 😊

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem to either be faulty cameras or a problematic firmware update. Since you've done the troubleshooting I would have suggested, use Settings, Support to select your camera model using the app. Scroll down to Contacts to start talking to official support.

PG77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

I have but its an automated live chat and when I asked to get in contact with someone no one did.

Such bad customer service!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@PG77 wrote:

I have but its an automated live chat

Use phone support instead (which should also be an option in the support area of the app).  It's available from 6 am to 6 pm US pacific time.