Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SireeshaDadi
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my pixel 8 pro, the app crashes as soon as I open it.

Cannot access any settings or any cameras. I hasn't even been two weeks since I bought the cameras

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18XGwtA1N0Q_3DPbVgk1852rN9uY8HOLJ/view?usp=drivesdk

11 REPLIES 11
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? What software version are you running on the Pixel 8?

SireeshaDadi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I have tried that several times

1000039484.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Disregard.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this same behavior?

SireeshaDadi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes!! I am hoping to return this set. It has been useless since day 1 as the app crashes. 

FYI I am using the beta version android on my pixel 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SireeshaDadi wrote:

FYI I am using the beta version android on my pixel 

That is why (a known issue with the beta).  Have you considered just switching to production Android?

SireeshaDadi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well changing the phone to production version requires a full reset. Every other app in the market works fine, its just this one that crashes.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SireeshaDadi wrote:

Every other app in the market works fine, its just this one that crashes.

No way you can know that, given that there are over 3.5 million apps in the Google play store.  It's not clear whether this is something Arlo can fix (or work around) or whether Google needs to fix it.  The whole point of public betas is to allow Google fo find and fix their bugs.

As I said above - this is a known issue already reported here, so Arlo is aware of it.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This should have been resolved with a Beta firmware update. Are you still seeing this behavior?

SireeshaDadi
Aspirant
Aspirant

No this is resolved now. Thanks!