Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
killrnails
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really hope someone can answer my question because I am beyond frustrated right now!  Never had a problem accessing the Arlo app from our two cell phones until we had to add the two-step verification.  My husband's phone now won't allow him to access our account.  It keeps telling him "Add trusted device?".  When he clicks on "Trust", it says at the top of the screen "please enable push from settings".  I've tried to find the area to add his phone from my settings (my phone & email is the main account), I've looked under "Account" , then "Profile" & "Login Settings" but I can't find anywhere to add his phone, regarding the "push settings".  We've not adjusted any of the settings recently to cause this other than being forced to add the push notification, which either goes to my email or my phone.  And this still happens after I enable his phone to access, but it still comes up with another thing, which I can't remember the exact wording right now. Any help on how to add his phone to access our account is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@killrnails wrote:

This is the help page I started with initially & why I was so frustrated because the one did show how to add a trusted device, saying you could tap or click "add trusted device" or "Add SMS verification" at the bottom of the screen, but there wasn't anything at the bottom of the screen.  We'll try again & see if perhaps this was something we missed (?).

You should see "Add Another Method" at the bottom.  Press that and you should see "add trusted device".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master
Is your partner using the master account credentials or his own granted account credentials?
You can only have one primary device activated for 2FA push notifications for an account and no more than 5 trusted devices.
If he is using a granted account then he will need to set his 2FA push notification primary to his own phone.
killrnails
Aspirant
Aspirant

I realize we can only have one master account, which that's my account that he's accessing & always has used for access. My issues are not being able to locate wherever it is to enable additional trusted devices.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@killrnails wrote:

My issues are not being able to locate wherever it is to enable additional trusted devices.  

https://kb.arlo.com/000062289/How-do-I-edit-two-step-verification-settings

Navigate to this area on his phone, then "add another method", and select "trust this device".

killrnails
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is the help page I started with initially & why I was so frustrated because the one did show how to add a trusted device, saying you could tap or click "add trusted device" or "Add SMS verification" at the bottom of the screen, but there wasn't anything at the bottom of the screen.  We'll try again & see if perhaps this was something we missed (?).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@killrnails wrote:

You should see "Add Another Method" at the bottom.  Press that and you should see "add trusted device".

Thereids
Initiate
Initiate
I have exactly the same problem - even if you follow the instruction Rob”add another device” I still get the same error saying “please enable Push in settings” I then go in an internal loop” is it anything to do with having a new phone with the same device name as my old phone ?
Thereids
Initiate
Initiate
I finally fixed the issue by deleting and re adding the app then went back in and trusted the device as per the advice above