Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Account holder of Arlo Essential but not having it in the account

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ShartFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am a landlord. I purchased Arlo Pro 4 (for my home) and Arlo Essential (for investment home). I am responsible for paying the monthly subscriptions for both cameras. All tenants are given access to the Arlo Essential.

Problem is that I do not want to receive notifications from the investment home's camera. Also, current tenants have asked if I could remove the Arlo Essential from my Arlo App - so that they feel more comfortable that no extra people seeing the videos. 

Theoretically, I am the owner of those 2 cameras - but I also do not want to "survey" the tenants.

My questions: Is it possible for me to "remove" the Arlo Essential from my Arlo App - and still able to add this device again (or have access to this device again) when the current tenants move out in the future?

I appreciate your suggestions and helps.

Regards,

ShartFl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShartFL wrote:

With regards to subscription to Arlo Smart, does the payment come from the second account?

Yes, each account would be billed separately.  

With two cameras, you'd use two individual camera subscriptions anyway, so there's no change in the cost.  You would need to use a different email address for the second account.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Primary account holder has the ultimate control of the system... any camera can be removed and then later added back to the system... but a couple notes worthy to mention...

If you remove the camera from the primary account it will be gone for all users that share

Notifications are global for  sms alerts ( all get them ) but emails can be selective to just some.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ShartFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much TomMAc. Your explanations are super helpful.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShartFL wrote:

My questions: Is it possible for me to "remove" the Arlo Essential from my Arlo App - and still able to add this device again (or have access to this device again) when the current tenants move out in the future?

What you could do is set up a second account for the Arlo Essential.

You'd still have the right to see the videos, but if you aren't logged into that account you won't see them in the device list or see the videos in your video library (or get notifications).  So there is a bit of the honor system involved, but it might be good enough.

ShartFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

Thanks so much for the suggestion.

With regards to subscription to Arlo Smart, does the payment come from the second account?

Kind regards,

ShartFL

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShartFL wrote:

Yes, each account would be billed separately.  

With two cameras, you'd use two individual camera subscriptions anyway, so there's no change in the cost.  You would need to use a different email address for the second account.

ShartFL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the insight StephenB.  🙂