Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

AVD2001 Video Doorbell Wire-Free Failed to Update Automated Definitions

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
johnnypar91
Guide
Guide

I have a Essential Wire-Free Doorbell Camera that seems to have issues every time I have to remove the battery to charge.  The latest issue it's having now is it will not return to Armed mode.  I keep getting a message stating "Failed to Update Automated Definitions".  I've tried resetting the camera with no results.  Does anyone know who to correct this so I can get the camera back to working again?

3 REPLIES 3
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I suggest removing the doorbell from the account and setting it up again. Once the doorbell is removed from the account uninstall and reinstall the app, reset the doorbell, open the Arlo app and proceed to set the doorbell up again. After it is set up, check to see you are able to use the Armed mode.

johnnypar91
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the suggestion.  I removed the doorbell, reinstalled the app, then set the doorbell back up and it is now working again.  I was hesitant to remove the doorbell from the account, because I've had to do that before, and each time the doorbell would not reconnect.  This time it reconnected without issue.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Glad to hear it is working. Have a great day.