Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Videos not saved in feed

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
WendySFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo wireless doorbell and two wireless outdoor cameras at my home, all included in my paid Arlo subscription. Two days ago, one of the cameras stopped saving videos to the feed. I'll get a notification that activity occured, and I can see a snapshot of the activity in the notification, but then there's nothing in the feed. The other camera and the doorbell are saving videos to the feed normally.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WendySFO wrote:

The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset 

I'd try that.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming that camera?

WendySFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry I should have said so but Yes! I can make a love recording that shows in the feed.

I just restarted the camera from my app and hope that will resolve the issue.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WendySFO wrote:

I just restarted the camera from my app and hope that will resolve the issue.

If it doesn't, then double-check the modes you are using (making sure there is a rule for the camera that tells it to record).

WendySFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok after I restarted it in the app, it recorded 2-3 videos, but now it stopped again. The mode is set to record up to five minutes ( or as long as activity lasts). Any other tips? Thanks!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WendySFO wrote:

Ok after I restarted it in the app, it recorded 2-3 videos, but now it stopped again. 

Are you using activity zones?  If you are, try deleting them and see if all the recordings show up. It is possible that the cloud is deciding there is no in-zone motion at about the same time the notification is being sent out.

You could also try changing the recording time to something fixed (say 15 seconds) and see if that changes the behavior.

WendySFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did have two activity zones (that I recently set up, so perhaps that was the issue), so I deleted those and shortened the recording time to 18 seconds. This did not immediately work, but I restarted the camera again from the app, and for now it seems to have resolved the issue. Thank you!

WendySFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, now it has stopped again. It appears that a reset through the app fixes it for a short time, and then it stops recording any video again. More tips?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

After it fails, can you livestream the camera?

I am thinking that you might want to try phone support.

WendySFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I can live stream after it fails. I've restarted the camera 3-4 times, and it is it doesn't record any video to my feed except the first time there is motion after a restart. Should I call support at this point? The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@WendySFO wrote:

The only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset 

I'd try that.

WendySFO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did a factory reset, and that appear to have resolved my problem. Thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation