Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RicCss
Tutor
Tutor

When will the new Arlo app be available in my area Iowa, so I can download load it ( upgrade to my existing old Arlo app ). Since I downloaded the first app off of Google back in 2018, it won't let me download it again. It must be the old app 

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RicCss wrote:

When will the new Arlo app be available in my area Iowa, so I can download load it ( upgrade to my existing old Arlo app ). Since I downloaded the first app off of Google back in 2018, it won't let me download it again. It must be the old app 

You are doing something wrong then.  You can certainly remove the app from your phone and reinstall it.

Though it likely has been updated automatically over the years.  Can you check the version of the app you are actually running?

Are you just wanting to make sure it is up to date?  Or are you wanting to change the user interface from "Library" to "Feed"?  The current app supports both "Library" and "Feed", and we can give you instructions on how to migrate if you need them.

Edinburgh_lad1
Prodigy
Prodigy

I'd advise against migrating to the new user interface (UI): it's full of bugs which have extensively been documented on this forum and also it doesn't, much  to everyone's shock, migrate schedules (because they had done away with them in the new app), the equivalent of which then I spent a considerable amount of time to set up. 

RicCss
Tutor
Tutor

Thank You for the reply. I have the old system ( vmc3030 cameras(5) and the station. I've been getting the free subscription up to 5 cameras. This system is EOL. It still works, just can't get firmware updates. I purchased 4 Essential (2nd gen) outdoor cameras (they will be used indoors). They don't hook up up to the old base station. Will need to buy a subscription to use them. I'm not sure they will hook up to the old app. Should I buy the subscription to the old system? Or should I let the old system run it's course until Arlo shuts it down, and should I return the new cameras ( still in unopened box ). I won't try to get the new UI if it has bugs.  Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You

RicCss
Tutor
Tutor

Thank You for the reply. After reading this forum concerning the new UI, to many problems with it. Might just go with a new different system from another company.

RicCss
Tutor
Tutor

After the comments, I believe if I remove and reinstall, I won't get the old UI, just the new upgraded one. I'll wait till the bugs are fixed on the upgraded app.

RicCss
Tutor
Tutor

Advice taken. I agree. Thank You.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RicCss wrote:

After the comments, I believe if I remove and reinstall, I won't get the old UI, just the new upgraded one. 

It depends on the account, not the install.  If you see "Library" now, then reinstalling won't switch you to "Feed".

Once you migrate (by adding the 2nd Gen camera), there is no going back.  And new accounts will get "Feed" from the beginning.

RicCss
Tutor
Tutor

After all the comments, I've taken everything in consideration. I can't go back if upgrading. There seems to be to many problems. Eventually Arlo will get it right, hopefully. Until then I'll wait. Thank You for the comment. At least Arlo gives us this Forum.