Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Free trial

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Eawigder
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not been able to install my outdoor cameras due to additional equipment needed. Can the free trial be delayed? I tried on 4/19 & 4/20 to find the site to ask this question. I was only able to find this opportunity now.  Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Eawigder wrote:

I have not been able to install my outdoor cameras due to additional equipment needed.

Can you give more details on what equipment you need?  The 2nd Gen Essentials connect directly to your home wifi.

@Eawigder wrote:

Can the free trial be delayed? 

The trial for each will start when you install that camera. 

Eawigder
Aspirant
Aspirant

I needed to purchase a swivel mount for camera to enable connection to solar charging panel. Otherwise would not be able to have camera functioning and capturing video of desired location.

It appears that the trial started as soon as I paired camera with WiFi.  I couldn't find any info telling me this would happen. The trial notice in my account information says trial periodcends 5/19. Even if equipment needed were to arrive today, the installer cannot return until after 5/19, past when trial would end. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Eawigder wrote:

It appears that the trial started as soon as I paired camera with WiFi. 

Which is what I said above. You didn't just pair it with wifi, you installed it to your account.

There is no way I know of to extend or delay the trial.  Note this is a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.  You could try customer support (which you need to get through the app).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation