Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Connectivity: Offline or Pending Restart Depending on App Usage

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
daqseabee
Aspirant
Aspirant

We recently integrated three Essential Cameras equipped with solar panels into our existing setup, which already includes five Pro Cameras and a base station. While accessing my Arlo cameras via the Android App on my Samsung Z Fold 4, I can seamlessly view and operate all cameras without any issues.

However, when attempting to log in using our Apple devices such as phones, tablets, or PCs, we encounter persistent issues. Specifically, the Pro cameras are either labeled as "Appearing to be offline" or "Pending a restart". This inconsistency in performance significantly limits our ability to monitor our premises effectively.

Presently, the only reliable means of accessing our entire camera network is through the Android App on my phone, which was also used to set up the new Essential Cameras.

We are seeking assistance to resolve these connectivity issues promptly. Alternatively, if a resolution cannot be found, we may need to consider canceling our subscription and exploring alternatives from more dependable brands.

Your urgent attention to this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

On the iOS device, if you log out of the and log back in, do you still see the same error messages for the cameras?

JamesC

daqseabee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, we've also uninstalled the app and wiped the cache.  Same issue is present on a PC via the Arlo Website via dashboard.  Only the Andriod App works and show ls all cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If it's working when using Android, there shouldn't be any issues with the cameras themselves. When you use the iOS and PC are you connected to a different network (at work, home office, etc.)? Is there any virus protection software on the iOS device/PC that could be preventing the connection?

JamesC