Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

problem with arlo working

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
fw83437
Aspirant
Aspirant

purchased the Arlo wired video doorbell, connected to wifi, and it does not work.  instructions followed by contractor, YouTube installation instruction followed & still not working.  YouTube instructions said nothing about charging a battery. 

there was no battery or charge cable in the box.  please advise. 

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fw83437 wrote:

purchased the Arlo wired video doorbell, connected to wifi, and it does not work.  instructions followed by contractor, YouTube installation instruction followed & still not working.  YouTube instructions said nothing about charging a battery. 

Why you are bringing up the battery?

There is a small internal battery that can handle short power glitches.  The transformer you are using should be able to charge it.  It should charge in just a few minutes, so it is unlikely to be your problem.

Does the doorbell not work at all?  (not ringing the chime when pressed, not able to livestream, ...)  

Did it ever work?

fw83437
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi StephenB,

yes my doorbell was ringing and working before the Arlo installation.  
I mentioned the battery b/c when I googled installation issues  responses talked about charging the battery but this Arlo product
did not come with that type of battery kit.

My doorbell works, it was pressed both before the ringer was detached and the contractor rang the doorbell before installing the Arlo camera. 

The Arlo did not light-up after installation (per a youtube video we watched), the ring circle did not light-up, and didn't  light-up when pressed,  there is no livestream.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@fw83437 wrote:

The Arlo did not light-up after installation (per a youtube video we watched), the ring circle did not light-up, and didn't  light-up when pressed,  there is no livestream.

And I'm guessing that the chime doesn't ring when you press the Arlo doorbell either.

Have you tried the factory reset?

Also, does your doorbell have an AVD1001 label somewhere?  Or does it have a different AVDxxxx label?

fw83437
Aspirant
Aspirant

correct, the chime does not ring.  I did not see a "remove" button and could no scroll down.

so I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  went through the set-up steps again and still problem at the 

"did the light on the front of your Arlo doorbell turn solid white"  answer is no.  no white light and no lighted circle. 

-- Arlo does not seem to  connect to my Verizon Fios. 

will try again in the morning. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this behavior?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation