Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

SolarPanel & Kabel für Essential XL

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Fish68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hallo liebe Community

könnt ihr mir bitte sagen, welches Solarpanel und welches Kabel. ich bestellen muss, um meine Essential XL ohne Akku, resp. Strom zu betreiben. (Ich möchte sie draussen, geschützt vor Wind und Wetter unter einem Glasdach betreiben)

Vielen Dank & Gruss aus der Schweiz

Fish68

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fish68 wrote:

ich bestellen muss, um meine Essential XL ohne Akku, resp. Strom zu betreiben.

All Essential outdoor cameras are fully sealed, and have a battery inside.  That battery cannot be removed.

@Fish68 wrote:

(Ich möchte sie draussen, geschützt vor Wind und Wetter unter einem Glasdach betreiben)

Note the outdoor camera will not detect motion through glass.  It uses a passive infrared (PIR) sensor, and most window glass blocks the IR.

@Fish68 wrote:

könnt ihr mir bitte sagen, welches Solarpanel und welches Kabel.

Do you have the original Essential XL?  Or do you have the Gen 2 camera?  They use different panels.

The original XL has a microUSB connector for charging.  The Gen 2 has a USB-C connector.

Fish68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. My Essential has a microUSB connector and Serial-No. A7G20B7FA0984. It is a original Arlo Essential XL and I would like to operate it with a Solarpanel. To do so I need to know which one I have to order incl. the connection cable, as I cannot see that anywhere... Thank you. 🙂

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Fish68 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. My Essential has a microUSB connector and Serial-No. A7G20B7FA0984. It is a original Arlo Essential XL and I would like to operate it with a Solarpanel. To do so I need to know which one I have to order incl. the connection cable, as I cannot see that anywhere... Thank you. 🙂

The Arlo panel is the VMA3600.  There is no need for a separate cable.

It is currently out of stock in the Arlo US store.  I don't work for Arlo, so I have no idea when or if it will be back in stock.  There are some third-party panels that claim to be compatible.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation